Manager of Financial Reporting
Wayside Technology Group, Inc., a growing company with a fast-paced environment is seeking a driven and dynamic professional to join its expanding accounting team as a Manager of Financial Reporting. This is a hands-on position within a publicly traded information technology company. The Manager of Financial Reporting will be responsible for developing, documenting and maintaining the Company’s SEC reporting, internal control and accounting policies. The qualified candidate must have the ability to understand the Company’s business model and product lines and apply technical accounting guidance. Knowledge of software accounting and foreign currency accounting is a plus. This role will also be responsible for various analysis and planning projects. A CPA with experience with a public accounting firm is preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review, develop and maintain accounting and reporting policies
- Develop and maintain internal controls, review procedures and SOX compliance in conjunction with outside consultants and auditors
- Preparation of SEC filings
- Develop and maintain revenue accounting under ASC 606 / US GAAP
- Develop deep understanding of Company product lines, pricing and business model
- Provide analytical support on various business initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Knowledge of US GAAP principles required
- Advanced MS Office, accounting software and database skills
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data with a great attention paid to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication skills, specifically an ability/willingness to communicate effectively with senior management
- Public accounting experience with a national accounting firm servicing accelerated filers or relevant public company corporate accounting experience; Tech industry experience a plus
- CPA or CPA track
We offer highly competitive salary and benefits package that includes:
- Excellent health and welfare benefits
- 401(K) Plan with Company matching
- Business casual work environment
If you meet these requirements, please apply now.
Our make-it-happen culture enjoys a business-casual dress code and operates in a state of the art environment, in a great location near the New Jersey Shore.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V, drug-free work environment.
September 20, 2018
5 – 7 years