SQL Server Jr. Developer
Wayside Technology Group is currently seeking a SQL Server Jr. Developer who will work within the Company’s IT Development Team to design and maintain SQL databases. In this role, the SQL Server Jr. Developer will assist with handling the storage, organization and security of information contained in the Company’s relational database system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating database objects such as tables, views, stored procedures, etc.
- Developing reports in SQL Server Reporting Services
- Developing functions that provide requested customized functionality
- Working in collaboration with the IT Development Team to understand application requirements and then providing the necessary back-end functionality
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 1-3 years’ experience with SQL development including queries, triggers, stored procedures, tables, constraints and functions
- 1-3 years’ experience in Microsoft SQL server 2012/2016 solutions
- Possessing an understanding of performance tuning and database constraint concepts such as indexes, primary keys, etc.
- Good communication, collaborative, team and interpersonal skills required
- Basic MS SQL Server administration knowledge preferred
- BA/BS in Computer Science/EE preferred; technical discipline with appropriate skills/experience could be considered
Our make-it-happen culture enjoys a business-casual dress code and operates in a state-of-the art environment, in a great location near the New Jersey shore. We offer a highly competitive salary and a benefits package that includes:
- Excellent Health & Welfare benefits
- 401(k) Plan with Company matching
- Business casual work environment
- Telecommuting Privileges
If you meet these requirements, please apply now.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V, drug-free work environment.
March 12, 2019